2011-02-25

Day 3

Day 03- The five songs you would have with you on a desert island and why

This is so unbelievably hard to do... but here are some good ones~

~~~

Rainbow - Ayumi Hamasaki
This song is about running away from yourself because you can't accept who you are. It teaches you that the inner strength you've longed for has always been inside of you. I think that's important~ The line that gets me is "No rain, can't get the rainbow." To me it means 'without hardship, you'll never get the reward at the end." Basically, if you don't experience pain or sadness, you won't know what it means to be happy and will never be happy. That's important.


Wasurenaide (Don't forget) - Tohoshinki
It's kind of a typical "I miss you, we broke up" song, but something about it is extra sad to me. The lyrics kind of suggest that the singer has died...

I’ll become the wind and wrap gently around you
Right now, I want to fly to a world with you in it
Even though I want to see you so much… I miss you so much…
I’m waiting for you, don’t forget me


Keep Tryin' - Hikaru Utada
It's all in the title: keep trying. The lyrics are really humorous but deliver a message that's pure. Utada points out that being money hungry isn't good for you. And if you only dream of being a politician, that's kind of sad. Also, that love should be love, no matter if your hubby is rich or just a plain business man. So no matter your situation, make the best of it and keep tryin'.


Hi no Tori (Phoenix) - Mika Nakashima
I think this was the first ever Japanese song I heard, or at least the first PV I saw... I can't remember. But I was mesmerized but it. Hi no Tori is a soft, mystical song somewhat cryptic in its message, but if you listen, your heart will understand.


To Zanarkand - Nobuo Uematsu / Final Fantasy X
This piano piece grips my heart every time I hear the first note. It's a piece that symbolizes a lost past, broken memories, new relationships, new memories and an unknown future. As unknown as this future may be, keep going, because people need you.

Love,
Ayu

No comments:

Post a Comment